This position is for a highly motivated technician with a minimum of 2+ years’ experience, eager to grow their skills to the next level. Support Manufacturing, Quality, and Engineering by testing, troubleshooting, and repairing circuit boards and systems. Perform tests necessary to debug, evaluate, and characterize analog, digital, embedded systems, and power circuitry. Analyze and interpret test data to identify component and assembly-related problems. Modify and repair electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
**Must be able to successfully pass a Technical Interview**
- Provide technical support for Manufacturing across all product lines.
- Perform manufacturing test of products and subassemblies.
- Apply knowledge of electronic theory, schematics, specifications, and test techniques to isolate both product and PCB failures to lowest replaceable unit or component.
- Perform rework and repair of SMT and through-hole PCBs to production quality standards.
- Perform failure analysis of field failures and returned product.
- Assist Quality in investigating process flaws and component problems.
- Build and maintain test fixtures including cables, breakout boards, and test loads.
- Assist Engineering in circuit debug, evaluation, and characterization, and analyze and interpret test information to assist in resolution of design-related problems.
- Practice 5S manufacturing methodologies.
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)1-2 years of specialized electronics education OR 2+ years’ experience in both testing and troubleshooting electronic assembles to the component level.
- Trained/certified to IPC-A-610 and IPC-771/7721 soldering and rework quality standards.
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, DMMs, and signal generators.
- Solid understanding of analog, digital, embedded systems, and power circuitry, and ability to troubleshoot PCBs and systems to the component level.
- Ability to solder and inspect SMT assemblies to IPC standards.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand schematics, BOMs, and other engineering documents.
- Competency with office productivity software such as Excel and Word